We strive to be a sustainable, ethical business and work hard to mitigate our impact on the environment while actively benefitting the communities in which we operate.
Neo pigment, water-based inks are 100% non-hazardous and toxin-free. They meet the strictest industry standards as defined by Oeko-Tex 100 safety applications for Residues Standard List (RSL) and the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists.
Eco solvent inks derive from ether extracts taken from refined mineral oil. While they still contain harmful solvents, they have a lower VOC content than standard solvent inks and are significantly less hazardous.
We have minimised the use of solvent inks in our products and ensure either neo pigment or eco solvent inks are used.
Sustainably sourced paper or wood
Wood and pulp is sourced from sustainably managed forests. Sustainably-managed forests meet the needs of wildlife while supporting livelihoods and providing many other ecosystem services, such as carbon storage and flood risk mitigation.
Our mission is to make global printing, local. According to the International Transport Forum, international trade-related freight transport is responsible for 7% of all carbon emissions globally.
Due to the long time it takes for plastics to biodegrade, we avoid using them wherever possible. Where this isn’t practicable, we aim to use environmentally friendly plastics, such as biodegradable OPP bags as well as plastic bags and bubble wrap that can be recycled at special collection points.
Our sustainability action plan
Sustainability is at the core of our business, and we operate our own management system to control and mitigate our environmental impacts. Our action plan highlights a number of objectives which we track our performance against.
Our sustainability action plan includes measures to:
Reduce transport carbon emissions by printing as local to you as possible
Our mission is to make global printing, local. According to theInternational Transport Forum, international trade-related freight transport is responsible for 7% of all carbon emissions globally.
Reduce both potable and non-potable water consumption at our print facilities
We’ve installed tap aerators in all of our print facilities to help save water and have eliminated single-use plastic water bottles on-site by only consuming tap water. We also plan to install water-saving devices in all of our toilet cisterns to help conserve more water in 2022.
Improve the energy efficiency of our print facilities by utilising energy-efficient IT, appliances and lighting generated by solar power
We use movement-detector LED lighting in all of our UK facilities to help reduce and optimise our electricity consumption. We’ve also installed solar panels at one of our UK facilities to minimise the amount of energy we take from the grid and plan to replicate this across our other production locations in 2022.
Reduce waste to landfill by minimising waste and recycling where possible
We regularly review our recycling opportunities and available initiatives, and we’ve worked several recycling initiatives within our business.
Our recycling initiatives over the past six months have included:
- Investing in five balers for waste compaction
- Investing in individual balers for recyclable paper and cardboard
- Investing in recycling bins split by recycle method for our canteens
- Arranging for recycled waste to be collected directly from us and recycled back into the supply chain
- Arranging for non-recyclable waste to be compacted and collected by a certificated refuse agent for responsible disposing
Promote responsible procurement by making sustainability a key factor in our business practices
- Both our paper products and packaging are made using pulp sourced from sustainably managed forests wherever practically possible.
- We’ve eliminated the use of solvent inks and ensure that only neo pigment or eco solvent inks are used.
- Due to the long time it takes for plastics to biodegrade, we avoid using them in our products wherever practicable.
- We’ve successfully eliminated cling film from our supply chain and are currently prototyping eco-friendly alternatives to bubble wrap.